Pico de Gallo Recipe
With just 6 ingredients and a few minutes of prep, you can have fresh Mexican-style tomato salsa ready for dipping. This easy to make chunky salsa is the perfect way to celebrate ripe summer tomatoes. Eat it with chips or serve it over your favorite dishes for a bright punch of flavor!
- 3 cups Ripe Red Tomatoes preferably seeds removed and chopped
- ¾ cup Onion chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Jalapeño or Serrano Pepper ribs removed and chopped
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
In a bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice and salt.
Toss to combine and do the taste test - add more salt or lime juice or jalapeno only if desired.
As one of the most popular and well known salsas in the Mexican food world, pico has about a gazillion different applications. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Pico will keep for up to three days in the refrigerator. Freezing is not recommended.
- as a dip with tortilla chips or quesadillas
- spooned atop tostadas or huevos rancheros
- as a side with tamales, enchiladas or chimichangas
- to add veggie heft to tacos, burritos or burrito bowls
- as a complement to any grilled meal including chicken, fish, steaks, sandwiches or burgers
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 741IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg