Mango Salad Recipe
Fresh mango and refreshing cucumber combine forces with a spicy-sweet and tangy dressing for a taste you won't soon forget. Crunchy, cool, hydrating and packed with nutrients, it's the summer salad that - until now - I've only dreamed of.
Servings: 4 side salads
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Red Grape Vinegar or Red Vine Vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Dill finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes increase or decrease as per your liking
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped into bite-size
- 2 large Mangoes peeled and diced
- ½ cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- ½ English Cucumber diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
Start with making the lime dill vinaigrette dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients well and let it rest for 10 minutes. *Cover and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve the salad.
In a large bowl, add chopped lettuce, diced mangoes, sliced onions, diced cucumber, red pepper and cilantro. *At this point you can cover and refrigerate it if you wish to serve it later.
Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Store the leftovers in a clean, airtight box for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Note that the romaine will wilt after just an hour or so after dressing.
- Salad dressing may be made up to 3 days ahead of time.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 6373IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg