Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
If you haven't yet tried the absolute marvel that is Watermelon and Feta Salad with mint, now's your chance. Sweet & sour, salty and simply addictive, this is the summer salad of your dreams!
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 6 cups Seedless Watermelon cubed and chilled
- ¾ cup Onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Mint Leaves
- 6 oz Feta Cheese
In a jar or small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
In large bowl, add cubed watermelon, sliced onion, and chopped mint. Drizzle the dressing and toss gently, until everything combines well.
Top the salad with crumbled feta cheese. Serve chilled.
- To make your life a little easier, seedless watermelons work best. If unavailable, you can buy a conventional melon and remove the seeds while cutting it into cubes.
- For the best taste and consistency, make sure your watermelon is chilled prior to assembly.
- Goat or sheep milk's feta is preferred for this watermelon salad. I also recommend that you buy blocks and crumble it yourself rather than purchasing pre-crumbled cheese.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 707mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1067IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1mg