Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
Cold, refreshing and sweet, my vegan Blueberry Superfood Smoothie is everything I want out of a blended breakfast. Best of all, it takes just a few minutes to throw together!
- 2 ½ cups Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk add more for thinner consistency if required
- 3 cups Frozen Blueberries
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 10-12 strands Wheatgrass
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2-3 teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup optional
In the blender jar add all ingredients starting with milk first.
Blend until you smooth consistency smoothie. If its too thick, you can add a little more milk and blend again.
Pour in serving glasses and top with some blueberries, fresh mint and serve.
- Frozen berries and fruits make creamier smoothies, so be sure to start with frozen fruit. You can either buy the berries from the frozen section or just pop some fresh ones in the freezer. Blueberries are the easiest fruit to freeze!
- If you opt to use fresh blueberries instead, I recommend adding in some ice to get the proper consistency. If you don't, the smoothie will end up being rather loose.
- While heavy duty blenders can be a big investment, they are well worth it. If you plan on making a lot of smoothies, I recommend you get the best blender you can afford.
- Any leftovers can be poured into popsicle molds and frozen. Blueberry smoothie popsicles make a great, healthy dessert!
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 1mg