Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
This baby spinach salad with strawberries and feta cheese tastes like springtime in a bowl. Make this easy salad for a light lunch, snack or appetizer, or serve it as a side to grills, sandwiches and burgers.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Salt n Pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 ½ cup Strawberries hulled and sliced
- ⅓ cup Almonds roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Feta Cheese
In a large bowl, add the ingredients for dressing and whisk well.
In the same bowl, add baby spinach, sliced strawberries and almonds, toss to coat the leaves well.
Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve immediately. You can serve the tossed salad in portions on plates and then top each portion with crumbled feta and serve.
Serving and Storage
While you shouldn't toss the salad until just before eating, you can certainly prep ahead of time. Keep each element in separate containers and toss just before serving. Salad dressing and undressed salad ingredients will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Alternatively, if you'd like to take this salad for packed lunch or on a picnic, try the method for building the salad in a mason jar.
- Feel free to swap goat or blue cheese for feta.
- Spinach can be replaced with arugula/rocket, mixed greens or even kale.
- Almonds can be substituted for any toasted or candied nut or seed that you prefer.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5398IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 3mg