Beef Stir fry Recipe
Tender beef and crunchy veggies is stir fried in a perfectly spicy sweet sauce. The best of all - it only takes 15 minutes to make and tastes just like your favorite Chinese takeout!
- 8 oz Top Sirloin Steak thinly sliced against the grain
For stir fry marinade
- 2 tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
For stir fry
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped or minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger chopped or grated
- 2 stems Scallion (see Note 4)
- ½ small Onion sliced
- ¼ cup Carrot cut into strips
- ¼ cup Bell Peppers (yellow, green or red) sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
To start with, combine thinly sliced beef with soda, toss it well using fngers and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, rinse the beef well and drain off the excess water and pat dry it a bit using paper towel.
Making stir fry marinade
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients very well ensuring cornstarch is fully incorporated. (see not Note 2)
Now, add ⅓ of the prepared marinade to the beef slices, toss well, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. (see Note 3)
Stir frying beef
Heat vegetable oil in wok or pan on medium high heat.
Once the oil is hot, add chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 15 seconds.
Now add marinated beef and cook stirring it on high heat until it changes the color to light brown and nicely seared but not cooked through completely. This will take around 2-3 minutes.
Shove the beef on one side of the pan and add chopped scallion whites, sliced onion and carrot and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add bell peppers and sauté for another 15 seconds.
Now, add rice vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water in the remaining marinade and mix. Stir-in the sauce and cook until the sauce thickens (around 30-45 seconds).
Add sesame oil and toss. Sprinkle scallion greens and sesame seeds and remove the wok from heat immediately.
Serve hot with steamed white rice. You can also serve it with cauliflower rice or quinoa.
1. Tenderizing beef : This is an optional step which will do only good to this stir fry recipe making it soft and velvety. It will only take 30 minutes of your extra time with no efforts at all.
However, you are free to skip this step if you wish to.
Use Soda bi-carbonate which is also known as baking soda and NOT Baking Powder.
2. Cornstarch : You can dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water and then add to marinade.
3. Marinating Beef : You can do this step a day ahead and let it rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to stir fry meat.
4. Scallion (green onions) : White part chopped and greens cut into an inch pieces.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 1340mg | Potassium: 631mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3525IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg