Classic Brioche French Toast Recipe
A simple breakfast using humble ingredients, this deliciously inexpensive recipe is fancy enough for company.
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 8 slices Brioche Bread, Challah Bread or White Bread
- 2-3 tablespoons Butter
- Maple syrup, Honey or Jam and Fruits or Berries to serve
In a shallow dish, add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and ground cinnamon, whisk very well.
Pre heat a non stick skillet over medium heat and grease it with little butter.
Now you need to work quickly here. Dip bread slice into the egg mixture and let it soak for 2-3 seconds, flip and dip the other side and soak for another 2 seconds.
Immediately place the dipped bread onto skillet and cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to serving plates.
Grease the skillet with butter each time and repeat the same for remaining brioche slices.
Serve hot with fresh berries or fruits, and lots of maple syrup or honey. You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar over the toast and serve.
- Brioche is the preferred bread for this recipe, but any other enriched white bread will do. Feel free to use challah, dinner rolls, sliced white bread or even leftover buns.
- Works best with stale bread. That's why the French call this dish pain perdu!
- Feel free to freeze leftovers by separating slices with parchment and sealing in a freezer bag. Reheat slices in the toaster oven or microwave for breakfast on demand!
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 2mg