Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
This Tzatziki is the best homemade traditional Greek sauce recipe you will ever have! Serve this tzatziki with your favorite grilled meats, veggies or spread it on sandwiches. Dip you pita bread or chips, and enjoy!
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil extra virgin
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1-2 tablespoon Lemon Juice or
- 1 Cucumber grated
- 2 tablespoons Dill chopped
To start with, first, mix in together - yogurt, olive oil, grated garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Let the mixture rest in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours. The resting is preferably done overnight.
Add grated cucumber in a clean muslin or cheesecloth and squeeze out all the water from it.
You can also do this process using your hands. But, keep in mind to drain all the water, this is a key step. Because, we do not want runny sauce, but thick and creamy sauce!
Add shredded cucumber and fresh dill, stir to combine and serve chilled with grilled meat, poultry, fish, veggie sticks, pita or chips.
- If Greek Yogurt is not available in your region, use regular strained yogurt.
- Always squeeze the cucumber very well to drain all the water from it.
- For vegan tzatziki, replace yogurt with your choice of vegan yogurt. Cashew sour cream works very well.
- For better flavor, let the yogurt mixture rest in refrigerator for few hours before adding in the grated cucumber and dill.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg