Cheese Veg Fingers Recipe
Cheese Veg Fingers are butter tossed vegetable fingers coalesced with cheese & potato base and then coated with crisp cornflakes is just irresistible. They form fantastic finger food for kids for their party appetizer, outdoor picnics, and even lunch boxes.
Servings: 10 servings
- 600 grams Potatoes boiled and grated/mashed
- 100 grams Cheddar Cheese grated
- 100 grams Mozzarella Cheese grated
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour
- Chili flakes as required
- Finely chopped green chilies as required Optional
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- ¾ cup Corn blanched & pulsed to a coarse paste (Please make sure they are drained well after blanching)
- ½ cup Green Peas
- ¾ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrot finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup Capsicum finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- All-purpose flour slurry creamy consistency seasoned with little salt and pepper as required
- Corn flakes coarsely crushed as required
In a pan, melt butter. Add garlic and fry on low flame until the butter is aromatic and garlic is cooked.
Add green peas, cabbage and carrots. Saute on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure no water is left behind that’s released from cabbage. Mixture should be dry.
Add capsicum and saute for another minute. Take it off the heat and cool.
In a large bowl, add sautéed vegetables, corn paste and all the remaining ingredients. Mix very well.
Take a small amount of the mixture in your palm and roll it to a shape of a finger depending upon the size you prefer.
Repeat the same for all of the mixture.
Coat each veggie finger well with flour slurry and then coat it with crushed corn flakes. Once again, coat it with flour slurry and second coat of crushed corn flakes.
Place all the coated fingers or a tray or a plate ensuring they don’t stick to each other. Freeze it for 45 minutes.
Now heat enough oil in a kadhai or deep bottom pan. Once the oil is hot gently slide the veggie fingers and fry them well on a medium high heat until golden and crisp. Take them out and drain them on absorbent paper or kitchen towel.
Cheesy veg fingers are ready to be served.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1515IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 1mg