Mango Lassi - A soothing Indian drink made from very ripe sweet mangoes, yogurt, little milk and a dash of cardamom. A little sprinkle of sliced or powdered dry fruits and saffron is perfect!
- 2 cups Mango 4 medium sized mangoes cut in cubes or mango pulp
- 2 cups Yogurt
- ¾ to 1 cup Milk
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 4-5 tsp Sugar or honey or jaggery
- Few strands of saffron optional
- Few ice cubes optional
Add yogurt, milk, cardamom powder, saffron and sugar in a blender jar.
Add mango cubes and ice cubes.
Blend it until you get smooth lassi.
Add little more amount of milk or water, if lassi is very thick.
Pour in serving glasses.
Garnish with slivered or powdered nuts and few strands of saffron.
You can refrigerate mango lassi upto 24 hours.
- Try to use Indian variety mangoes for the best result. I have used alphonso mangoes. You can use any good variety.
- Personally I love a little thick lassi, so, I have added a little less amount of liquid to the lassi. You can add liquid to get the consistency that suits to your taste.
- I haven't added ice cubes while blending, as every ingredient I used have here was chilled.
- You can add honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar and even jaggery instead of sugar.
- Use plant based vegan yogurt, nut milk or soy milk to make vegan mango lassi.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 1115IU | Vitamin C: 30.6mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 0.2mg