This chicken pakora is crazy crisp, spicy and the easiest Indian chicken fritter you will ever make. A perfect gluten-free chicken appetizer, ready only in 15 minutes! If you really love tea time snacking, then this chicken recipe is for you.
- 250 g Boneless Chicken breast Cut in bite sized cubes
- ¾ tsp Garlic Paste
- ¾ tsp Ginger Paste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ¾ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 Green Chilies Chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves Roughly torn
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves Finely chopped
- 1 Onion Small sized, sliced
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- Juice of One lemon
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make chicken pakora recipe
Clean and wash chicken well and drain the water completely.
Add chicken cubes in a bowl
Add all the ingredients except flours and oil. Mix everything very well.
Cover and set it aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat enough oil in a deep pan.
Then, add gram flour (besan) and rice flour.
Mix the both the flours well. If mixture is too dry to coat well, then add 1-2 tbsp of water only and mix.
Once the heats up well, slide-in the chicken chunks and allow it fry undisturbed for a minute. Then, stir it one and fry on medium high flame until golden and crisp.
Take them out onto an absorbent paper. Repeat the same for remaining chicken.
Chicken Pakora is ready to serve. Sprinkle some chaat masala, some red chilli powder, lemon juice and serve.
- Always use bite sized chicken cuts for this recipe.
- Adjust the spice level as per you preference.
- You can add cornflour instead of rice flour.
- You can add whole egg to the chicken if you prefer.
- Furthermore, you can substitute egg white or whole to 2 tablespoons of yogurt for the above measure.
- If needed, add one 1-2 tablespoons of water only.
- In case if chicken mixture turns too watery, add some more chickpea flour and rice flour. Excessive moisture in the mixture will in turn give soggy and soft pakoras and not the crispy ones. So, I would highly recommend you to add 1 tbsp of water at a time.
- Do not fry chicken on very low flame or on very high flame in smoky hot oil. Once the oil heats up well, maintain the medium high flame throughout.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 61.1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.7mg