Kaddu Ki Sabji Recipe (Pumpkin Sabzi)
This kaddu ki sabji is delicious, healthy and easy-to-make North Indian stir-fried side dish also known as khatta meetha kaddu. A one-pot lightly spiced healthy and vegan pumpkin recipe thats takes just 15 minutes to cook. Perfect to serve as a breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 3 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- 1 teaspoon Panch Phoran mix of fennel, nigella, mustard, fenugreek, cumin
- 5-6 Whole dried red chillies
- 1 lb Pumpkin cut in small cubes
- 2-3 Green Chilies crushed or chopped
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dried Raw Mango Powder Amchur
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery Or sugar
- Coriander leaves for garnish chopped
In a pan or kadai, heat mustard oil until smoky. Reduce the heat to low, add panch phoran and red chillies, allow it to crackle for few seconds.
Add pumpkin (kaddu), and sauté on high for 5 minutes. Add chopped green chilies and mix.
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and mix. Sprinkle few drops of water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cook until done well but intact and not mushy.
Now, add garam masala powder, jaggery or sugar and dried mango powder (amchur) or lemon juice, mix well. Cook for another few minutes.
Dish out and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with poori, rotis or parathas. This sabzi keeps well in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Cook kaddu sabzi in mustard oil for the best flavors.
- Add jaggery or sugar and dry mango powder(amchur) or lemon juice only after the pumpkin is tender.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 226mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5675IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.6mg