Tomato Spinach Pasta Recipe
This creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta is filled with robust, fresh, and cheesy flavors! Pasta with fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes is an easy dinner recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces Pasta - farfelle, penne, rigatoni or preferred variety cooked as per packet instructions
- 1½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 6 ounces Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach washed
- 5 ounces Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese plus more for serving grated
- ¾ teaspoon Dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- A pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Freshly Cracked Pepper as needed
Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ½ of the minced garlic and cook for few seconds.
Add halved cherry tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to wrinkle. Transfer to a plate and set it aside.
In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil followed by the remaining minced garlic, cook for few seconds until fragrant. Then, add spinach and stir until it wilts but still green.
Turn the heat to low and stir in the cream cheese along with ¼-⅓ cup water from boiling the pasta. Whisk until the cream cheese sauce is smooth and creamy.
Add grated parmesan, dried basil, oregano and red pepper flakes, season with some salt, freshly cracked black pepper and stir until parmesan melts. Spinach pasta sauce is ready.
Toss the cooked pasta until coated in sauce, add the sauteed cherry tomatoes and combine.
Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan, serve warm!
- Use different vegetables such as cooked peas, grilled eggplant, bell peppers, different types of mushrooms, kale, sun-dried tomatoes, and various grilled veggies for more flavors.
- Add some extra protein to this pasta dish by adding chicken, shrimp, sausage, or grilled salmon to the cooked pasta.
- Top the cooked pasta with feta cheese for extra cheesy flavors.
- Store the leftover tomato spinach pasta in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
- To reheat this pasta, simply warm it in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl or warm in a skillel on the stovetop over medium heat.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4744IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 3mg