Beetroot Tomato Soup
I am speechless how amazing this tasty this bowl of beetroot tomato soup actually is. Creamy hearty and thick spoonful of tangy, tongue twisting soups are always worthwhile. Its healthy, vegan, gluten free, easy, and paleo. Step by Step Instructions to make in Instant pot pressure cooker as well as in pot on stove top
- 3 Tomatoes large sized, cubed
- 1 Beetroot cubed
- 1 Onion medium sized, cubed
- ½ inch Ginger piece
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup coconut cream (or fresh cream)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (dairy butter or any vegan butter)
- Croutons to serve
How to Make Beetroot Tomato Soup on stove top
In a pan or pot, add the beets, tomatoes, onion, salt, bay leaf, ginger, garlic, stock and salt. Bring it to a boil
Cover and cook until beets are coked through. This will take 15 minutes.
Discard the bay leaf. Using immersion blender, blend the soup to smooth puree.
Place the soup pot on gas stove again, add olive oil or butter and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir-in the cream (fresh cream or coconut cream) and simmer for another minute.
Beetroot tomato soup is ready to serve.
How To Make Instant Pot Beetroot Tomato Soup
Switch on the IP and place the inner pot into it. Add tomatoes, onion, beets, ginger, garlic, bay leaf, salt and vegetable stock.
Cover the pot with lid and pressure valve in sealing position. Press Manual/Pressure Cook and set the timer to 6 minutes.
Once the IP beeps, naturally release the pressure until the valve drops, You can also carefully quick release the pressure. Allow the soup of rest for couple of minutes
Discard the bay leaf and blend the it to smooth puree. Add butter or olive oil, pepper powder and cream (either fresh or coconut cream)
Press sauté mode on low and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Beetroot tomato soup is ready to serve
- You can also make this soup in pressure cooker as well, following the same procedure.
- If you want to make this soup vegan, use olive oil or vegan butter instead of dairy butter.
- Use coconut cream instead of fresh cream
- If you do not have the immersion blender, you can use normal blender to blend it into puree. Be sure to cook the soup mixture to room temperature before blending it in normal blender.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 17.1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.9mg