Matar Kabab (Peas Kebab)
Paneer Matar kabab (Green Peas kebab) is delicious, crispy, nutty gluten free and nutritious Indian cottage cheese and green pea snack that will blow your mind. These kababs or tikkis are so easy, super quick and takes flat 20 minutes to assemble.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 ½ cups Green peas shelled
- 100 g Paneer (grated)
- 3 tbsp Roasted besan
- 7-8 Cashew nuts
- 3-4 Green chillies
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves
- ½ inch Ginger roughly chopped
- 10-12 Mint leaves
- ½ tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Cumin roasted
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon Oil (to cook peas)
- Oil (to shallow fry the kababs)
First of all, heat ghee in a pan. Add green peas and toss for few seconds. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until peas are soft.
Take it off the heat and cool it a bit.
In a blender/chopper, add cashew nuts, coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger, and mint and blend it to a coarse paste.
Add cooked peas and pulse it to make a good coarse mixture
Transfer the mixture in to a large bowl
Now, add roasted besan, garam masala powder, corn flour, sesame seeds, paneer, cumin and salt to taste.
Mix well to form a dough
Grease your hands lightly with oil and shape into kababs.
Now heat oil/ghee in a pan and shallow fry the kababs from both the sides until light brown and crisp.
Serve these delicious paneer matar kababs with chutney or ketchup
- You can use fresh as well as froze peas to make this recipe
- Toast the sesame seeds to golden for enhanced nutty flavour
- You can also ghee to cook the green peas
- To make the vegan version, you can swap paneer with tofu and proceed with the recipe
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.7g | Protein: 4.6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5.8g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 58.5mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 12.5mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 0.9mg