Chicken Hakka Noodles Recipe
A flavourful dish of sizzling Hakka noodles tossed with shredded chicken, vegetables and spicy Chinese sauces in a street style, heavenly delight!
- 150 grams Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- 2-3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- ¼ cup Onions sliced
- ⅓ cup Bell peppers (Yellow and Red) Yellow and Red, julienned (optional)
- ¼ cup Capsicum julienned
- ½ cup Cabbage shredded
- 2 Eggs lightly whisked
- 1 cup Chicken boiled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce 15 ml
- 2 teaspoon Green Chili sauce you can increase or decrease it as per liking
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- ⅓ cup Spring Onion Greens chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
Boil the noodles according to the instructions given in the packet.
In a wok, heat oil, add garlic and chillies and fry for few seconds.
Add onions and sauté on high for 30 seconds.
Then, add, yellow and red pepper, capsicum and cabbage and sauté on high for another 30 seconds.
Now, shove the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the lightly whisked eggs. Let the cook for a while and then scramble the eggs well.
Then add the shredded chicken, green chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss once everything well.
Now add the boiled noodles and toss.
Finally, add spring onion greens and sesame oil, toss once. Dish out and serve hot.
- Always boil Hakka noodles to al dente (which means, cooked but firm to bite) which will further prevent the noodles from getting sticky and mushy.
- Preparations like chopping veggies, shredding chicken and boiling the noodles can be done before hand. Be sure to coat the boiled noodles with little oil before storing. They stay well for 3 days in clean tight container under refrigeration.
- Always toss and cook noodles on high heat.
- Do not forget to finally finish the noodles with sesame oil to get authentic Chinese recipes flavour.
- Adjust the sauces and spiciness of the chicken noodles as per your liking
- Serve Chicken Hakka Noodles with hot sauces or.and with any Indo Chinese gravy of your liking
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 685IU | Vitamin C: 32.5mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.5mg