Sabudana Kheer or Sago Pudding - is a rich a sweet dish, a creamy kheer recipe of tapioca pearls cooked in milk with sugar cardamom powder and nuts.
- 1¼ litres milk 5 cups
- ½ cup sago pearls
- ⅓ cup sugar or jaggery (you may increase or decrease as per your liking.
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon almonds roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts roughy chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- Kesar strands and roughly chopped pistachios to garnish
To begin with, first, wash sago pearls well until water runs clear. Then, soak it in water for 5 hours.
In a heavy bottom pan, add milk and bring it to a boil.
Then, simmer the heat and cook until the qauntity reduces to ¾th
Now, add soaked sabudana and simmer for 20 minutes or until it reaches kheer consistency.
Add cardamom powder, sugar, nuts, mix well and cook for naother 3-4 minutes or until sugar mixes well.
Sabudana ki Kheer is ready to serve. Garnish sabudana kheer with saffron strands, pistachios and serve warm or cold.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.3mg