Veg Cutlet - is a crisp and absolutely delicious easy Indian snack recipe of veggie mixes, paneer and spices. This vegetable cutlets can also used as veg patties to make veg burger or mix veg sliders.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Refrigeration Time1 hr
Servings: 25 servings
To prepare veg cutlet recipe
- 200 gms Paneer (Indian cottage cheese), grated
- 1 cup Cabbage finely chopped/shredded
- ½ cup Carrot finely chopped/grated
- ½ cup Beetroot grated
- 1 cup Green peas
- ½ cup Capsicum finely chopped
- 4 Potatoes large size, boiled and grated/mashed
- 1 Onion large size, finely chopped
- 3 Bread slices or 3/4 th cup thick poha
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves fresh(chopped) or dried
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2-3 Green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dry mango powder or Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil 30 ml
To coat the vegetable cutlet:
- ½ cup All-purpose flour Maida
- Water as required
- Bread crumbs as required
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make cutlet
First, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
Then, add onions and fry on high heat till it turns pink.
Now, add beetroot, green peas, carrot, cabbage and sauté well on high heat for a minute. Cover and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
Then, add capsicum, and green chillies.
Next, add garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder, corinader powder, salt, pepper and mix well.
Now, cook for 2 minutes
Lastly, add boiled potatoes, lemon juice or dry mango powder and mix very well. Cook for another minute. Mixture should be dry and everything should get combined well.
Take it off the heat, transfer it on to a large plate or in a bowl and allow it to cool.
Now, put the bread slices in blender or chopper and give it a pulse to make it crumb.
Combine cooked veggies mixture, paneer, bread, milk, coriander leaves, mint leaves. Add some more salt and pepper of needed.
Mix everything well to form a cutlet mixture.
Take a portion into your palm and shape it into a cutlet like tikkis or patties. Cutlets can be of any shape, as per your choice.
Repeat the same for all the mixture and shape them into patties. Refrigerate the tikkis for 30 minutes.
To Coat Veg Cutlets With Bread Crumbs
In a bowl combine all-purpose flour, salt and pepper to taste and water. Now, mix well to form a batter of cream consistency that coats a back of the spoon. It should not be too thin or too thick. Now, dip the patty in the batter
And, then coat it very well with the bread crumbs.
Again dip the patty into batter and coat it again with the crumb. Repeat the same for all.
Refrigerate the cutlets for another 30 minutes.
To Deep Fry The Cutlets
Heat enough oil in deep pan or kadhai.
Gently slide in the cutlets and deep fry them in hot oil on medium high flame until golden and crips. You can also shallow fry the patties.
Similarly, deep fry the remaining patties
Take them on to an absorbent paper.
Serve them warm and crisp with sauce or chutney of your choice.
To Air Fry The Cutlets
Pre heat the air fryer at 200 degrees for 5 minutes
Brush the net basket with oil.
Brush the patties with oil on the both sides
Lay the patties in a single layer
Bake them in air fryer for 18 minutes at 200 degrees or until golden and crisp. Flip it once in between after 9 minutes of cooking.
- Addition of paneer is totally optional, you can skip it.
- Just the spices as per to suit to your taste.
- If you wish to avoid the bread crumbs, swap it with thick poha for cutlet mixture
- For coating, you can also use, crushed vermicelli or cornflakes or simply coat the patties with semolina (rava) and shallow fry them.
- Do not fry cutlets on very high flame in smoky hot oil, fry them in hot on medium high flame.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 12.1% | Vitamin C: 14.9% | Calcium: 6.2% | Iron: 8.6%