Easy Mango Phirni Recipe - is a delicious creamy summer dessert recipe of Indian rice pudding flavoured with mango puree, cardamom and dryfruits. Here is how to make mango phirni step by step.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Soaking time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
for Mango Phirni:
- 1 litre Full Fat milk
- 400 grams Mangoes 1 cup mango pulp (I have used alphonso mango)
- 2 tbsp Khova/Mava (optional)
- 1/4 cup Basmati Rice
- 5 tbsp Sugar (you may add more if needed or preferred)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Sliced pistachios and almonds
To make mango phirni:
Wash and soak rice for 45 minutes.
Drain the water completely and spread it onto a plate to dry well.
Then, grind it in a mixer to a coarse powder
Now, in a heavy bottom pan, bring the milk to boil. Once the milk starts boiling, simmer it till the milk reduces to 3/4th of its volume.
Meanwhile, wash and peel the mangoes and cut it in to cubes. Add the cubes into a blender or mixer.
Blend it to a fine pulp.
Now, add coarse ground rice stirring continuosly to avoid the lump formation.
Then, add cardamom powder and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes. you will see that phirni will start thickening. Keep stirring in between to avoid burning.
Now, add sugar and khowa, mix well.
Allow the phirni to simmer until reaches thick consistancy. please remeber that phirni will thicken more once cooled. Take the phirni off the heat and allow it to cool completely
Now, add mango pulp and mix well.
Mango Phirni is ready to dish out. Scoop the mango phirni into earthen clay pots or regular serving bowls and garnish it with almonds and pistachios. Chill for few hours before serving.
- Add mango puree only after the phirni cools completely at room temperature.
- If you don’t get earthen clay pots, you can also use serving bowls instead.
- Instead of fresh mango pulp, you can use canned pulp also. You may have to adjust the amount of sugar accordingly as the canned pulp may be already sweetened.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 115mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 11.2% | Vitamin C: 22.3% | Calcium: 2.4% | Iron: 0.9%