Sabudana Kheer or Sago Pudding - is a rich a sweet dish, a creamy kheer recipe of tapioca pearls cooked in milk with sugar cardamom powder and nuts.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
to make sabudane ki kheer
- 1.25 litres milk 5 cups
- 1/2 cup sago pearls
- 1/3 cup sugar or jaggery (you may increase or decrease as per your liking.
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon almonds roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts roughy chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- Kesar strands and roughly chopped pistachios to garnish
how to make sabudana kheer recipe
To begin with, first, wash sago pearls well until water runs clear. Then, soak it in water for 5 hours.
In a heavy bottom pan, add milk and bring it to a boil.
Then, simmer the heat and cook until the qauntity reduces to 3/4th
Now, add soaked sabudana and simmer for 20 minutes or until it reaches kheer consistency.
Add cardamom powder, sugar, nuts, mix well and cook for naother 3-4 minutes or until sugar mixes well.
Sabudana ki Kheer is ready to serve. Garnish sabudana kheer with saffron strands, pistachios and serve warm or cold.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 0.6% | Calcium: 0.4% | Iron: 1.9%