Easy Indo Chinese Spring Roll recipe | How to Make spring rolls recipe step by step. Veg spring roll – is a delicious and extremely popular starter loved by everyone. The yummy vegetable spring rolls often served at many Indo Chinese restaurants. These rolls, as can be seen, are crisp from oustide and have spicy vegetable stuffing within. At home, we can make these either using home made wrappers or from store bought sheets too. The other variation is to add noodles to make noodles spring roll snack. Serve these crisp Chinese veg spring rolls as a snack for tea time or starters for weekend dinners or parties.
Veg Spring Roll Recipe
Up on the blog today, is a much awaited vegetables spring rolls recipe, as there were lot of requests to post veg spring roll recipe here. Truly speaking, making spring rolls at home is not at all a difficult task. This delicious street food recipe, I am sharing with you all is an extremely easy spring roll recipe. Not only these veg spring roll is our favourite, we love chicken spring roll too, especially my son loves it.
Before we proceed further, I want to share some thing to you all my dear readers. Today, my little one did her first Ramadan fast. So, this delicious crisp snack and her favourite bread roll is dedicated to her. Yeah, we have already entered the holy month of Ramadan and our fasting has begun. May Almighty bless all of us with HIS mercy and guide us to right path, Ameen!
Now, coming back to today’s recipe which is easy and simple, let’s start with some tips on how to make best spring roll recipe at home.
Spring Roll Recipe Ingredients:
Firstly, veg spring rolls do not require long list of ingredients. However, it is absolutely one’s choice to add any veggies they like. Secondly, it is very easy recipe to make. So, an important part of this recipe, the use of wrappers. You can use home made spring roll sheets or store bought too. Usually, I use homemade spring roll wrappers, but if in crunch of time, then I use the store bought ones too.
For spring roll filling:
To list the ingredients for veg spring rolls recipe, we have to use cabbage, in a shred form. The other veggies that goes in are chopped or sliced carrots, chopped beans, sliced or chopped capsicum, garlic, spring onions and onions. Furthermore, if you wish you can chopped mushrooms, corns, bell peppers and so on. Also, if you wish you can skip garlic too, but i would recommend to use it. Indeed, the possibilities are endless you see, :). The sauces that goes in are only red chilli sauce and soy sauce. However, you can swap red chilli sauce with green chilli sauce or just skip it. But, I like it’s spicy punch so, I do add it everytime 🙂 You may also add chopped green chillies, if you wish to.
The another flavour enhancer is vinegar, here I have thrown in , the rice vinegar but a normal white vinegar will also do the trick. Lastly, we have to add the life of any dish, yes, salt and freshly crushed black pepper. Now, talking about the oil, I have used refined oil and well as some sesame oil. To seal the spring roll, we have to use a slurry of either maida or cornflour. So, what are you waiting for, gather these ingredients and rush to your kitchen. Believe me, you will never eat vegetable spring rolls out once you start making at home 🙂
Can we bake the Spring rolls?
Yes, we can bake the vegetable spring rolls in a pre heated over at 200 degrees celsius for 15-17 minutes. Just, brush the rolls with some oil and then proceed.
Can we use airfryer to fry the Vegetable spring rolls?
Yes, we can air fry the veg spring rolls in a pre-heated fryer at 200 degrees centigrade for 5-6 minutes. Of course, we need to brush the rolls with some oil here as well. And as a result, you have air fried veg spring roll ready in minutes.
How to store the Veg Spring rolls in a freezer?
To freeze the vegetable spring rolls, all you need to do is, place the prepared rolls on the a tray or a plate and freeze it for 2 hours. Then, transfer it to a zip lock bag and freeze it easily for upto a month. Before frying just, keep it on the counter for 5-7 minutes and then fry it as and when needed.
Some more Indo Chinese recipe you might want to try:
Veg Spring Rolls Recipe below:Print
Chinese veg spring roll is a popular snack with crisp outer and spicy veggies filling within. These vegetable spring rolls are served in all the indo chinese restaurants across India. These springs rolls are vegan and absolutely easy to make. Here is how to make spring rolls at home.
to prepare spring rolls:
- 18 spring roll wrappers ( I have used mini roll wrappers)
- 2 and 1/2 cups, cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup, carrot, finely chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup, beans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup, capsicum, finely chopped or sliced
- 4 garlic, chopped
- 1 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon, spring onions whites, chopped
- 1/4 cup, spring onions greens, chopped
- 1 teaspoon, red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon, soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon, rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus for frying, refined oil
- 1/2 tablespoon, sesame oil
For sealing the veg spring rolls:
- 5 tablespoons of cornflour mixed with 4 tbsp of water to form a slurry.
to make stuffing for veg spring roll recipe:
- In a pan, heat refined oil.
- Now add, garlic and fry until just golden
- Next, add sliced onions, and spring onion whites. Fry until soft and translucent
- Now, add cabbage and sauté on high until water dries up
- Then, add carrots, capsicum and beans and fry on high for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, saute for another 30 seconds
- Now add, chilli sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Sauté on high for a minute
- Lastly, add spring onion greens and sesame oil. toss on high for another 30 secinds. Please be sure to keep the mixture dry. Take it off the heat and cool.
how to make spring rolls:
- Spread one wrapper on the plate or cutting board
- Place the spoonful stuffing at the one end as shown below.
- Gently roll the edge covering the filling
- Apply some slurry on both the sides and bring it to the center
- Again, apply the slurry on the edges and seal the rolls. Make sure that thr rolls are covered throughout to prevent drying
- Now, heat enough oil in a pan or kadhai. When the oil is hot, gently slide in the rolls
- Fry them until golden
- Take them off and place it on to a absorbent towel. Crisp spring rolls are ready to serve.
At any point, please do not keep wrappers or spring roll exposed to air as it will make them dry. Keep them covered throughout until fried.
These Spring rolls can be frozen easily for good 3 months.
You can noodles to make it as a noodles spring roll recipe.
These spring roll can be deep fried as well as air fried.
If you want to make spicy spring rolls, then add some green chillies or increase the amount of sauces as per your liking. You can use serrano peppers also, if you want to.
Keywords: Spring Rolls, Spring Roll, Spring Roll Recipe, Chinese Recipes
How to make spring roll recipe at home step by step:
the preparation of spring roll recipe:
- to begin with, in a pan, heat refined oil in a wok or kadhai.
2. When the oil heats up, add garlic and fry until just golden
3. Next, add sliced onions, and spring onion whites. Fry until soft and translucent
4. Then, add cabbage and sauté on high until water dries up
5. Then, add carrots, capsicum and beans and stir fry on high for 2 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper, saute for another 30 seconds
7. Now add, chilli sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Sauté on high for a minute
8. Lastly, add spring onions and sesame oil. toss on high for another 30 seconds. Please be sure to keep the mixture dry. Take it off the heat and cool.
To fold the veg spring rolls:
9. Now, Spread one wrapper on the plate or cutting board
10. Then, place the spoonful stuffing at the one end as shown below.
12. Gently roll the edge covering the filling
13. Now, apply some slurry on both the sides and bring it to the center
14. Again, apply the slurry on the edges and seal the rolls. Be sure to keep the rolls covered throughout to prevent drying.
For frying the vegetable spring rolls:
15. Now, heat enough oil in a pan or kadhai. When the oil is hot, gently slide in the rolls
16. Fry the veg spring roll until they are golden brown
17. Take them off and place it on to a paper towel. Vegetable spring rolls are ready to serve.