Veg Cutlet – is a crisp and absolutely delicious easy Indian snack recipe of veggie mixes, paneer and spices. This vegetable cutlets can also used as veg patties to make veg burger or mix veg sliders. A perfect tea time snack recipe you will love. Here is how to make Cutlet recipe at home
To prepare veg cutlet recipe
- 200 gms, paneer(Indian cottage cheese), grated
- 1 cup, cabbage, finely chopped/shredded
- ½ cup, carrot, finely chopped/grated
- ½ cup, French beans, finely sliced
- 1 cup, green peas
- ½ cup, capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 nos, large potatoes, boiled and grated/mashed
- 1 nos, large onion, finely chopped
- 3 nos, bread slices or 3/4 th cup thick poha
- 1 teaspoon, coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons, mint leaves, fresh(chopped) or dried
- ¼ cup, coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, cumin powder
- 2-3 nos, green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, dry mango powder(amchoor)
- 4 tablespoons, milk
- 1 teaspoon, garam masala powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml), oil
To coat the vegetable cutlet:
- ½ cup, Maida (all-purpose flour)
- Water as required
- Bread crumbs as required
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
how to make cutlet
- First, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Then, add onions and fry on high heat till it turns pink.
- Now, add beans, green peas, carrot, cabbage and sauté well on high heat for a minute. Cover and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add capsicum, and green chillies.
- Next, add garam masala powder, dry mango powder, little salt and mix well.
- Then, add cumin powder and coriander powder. Now, cook for 2 minutes
- Lastly, add boiled potatoes and mix very well. Cook for another minute. Stir to avoid burning. Mixture should be dry and everything should get combined well. Take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Now, put the bread slices in blender or chopper and give it a pulse to make it crumb. In a large bowl combine cooked veggies mixture, paneer, bread, milk, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well to form a cutlet mixture.
- To make cultets:
- Once the cutlet mixture is ready, Take a portion into your palm and shape it into a cutlet like tikkis or patties. Cutlets can be of any shape, as per your choice.
- Repeat the same for al the mixture and shape them into patties. Refrigerate the tikkis for 30 minutes.
To coat the veg cutlet:
- In a bowl combine all-purpose flour, salt and pepper to taste and water. Now, mix well to form a batter of cream consistency that coats a back of the spoon. It should not be too thin or too thick. Now, dip the patty in the batter
- And, then coat it very well with the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same for all. Refrigerate the cutlets for another 30 minutes. At this stage it can be kept in a freezer to freeze them for storage. To freeze the cutlets, place the patties onto lined baking tray and freeze it for 2 hours. Then, gather them all and store in a zip lock pouch or airtight container and place them back into a freezer.
frying the cutlets
- Heat enough oil in deep pan or kadhai if you deep frying them or else heat the oil in a pan to shallow fry them
- Shallow fry or deep fry them till they turn golden brown and crisp. Do not fry on very high heat as this will burn the cutlets. Take them on to an absorbent paper. Repeat the same for all the veg patties. Serve them warm and crisp with sauce or chutney of your choice.
If you wish to avoid the bread crumbs, swap it with thick poha for cutlet mixture
For coating, you can also use, crushed vermicelli or cornflakes
Keywords: Cutlet, Cutlet Recipe, Veg Cutlet, Veg Cutlet Recipe, Vegetable Cutlet