Spicy baby potatoes recipe | How to make masala baby potato roast recipe. The Spicy baby potatoes is a quick and aboslutely delicious boiled baby potatoes recipe tossed in chilli based masala along with tamarind pulp and freshly ground spices. This gluten free and vegan 15 minutes masala baby potato roast recipe, is exactly what you need to pamper yourself on lazy weekends.
Potatoes always comes to the rescue when we have no other vegetables or greens available with us. This versatile tuber picks up lovely flavours of spices or any other veggies when cooked with. Potatoes at my home have consistently been a family favourite. It is such that when asked for what to cook, one replies. ” Aloo Methi” then the other says “Badami Aloo Gobhi” and third one says, “Aloo Pakoda“. What ever is the combo, Aloo has to be the hero in that dish for them 🙂
Do you love potatoes? Then this recipe is all for you. That spicy masala coats how beautifully to the baby potatoes, every bit of this masala baby potato roast will drive you to that tickling spice heaven. I see different types of faces made when some other veggies are coooked at home. But when Aloo gawk them from their plate, all I see is unitedly happy faces staring at that masala aloo, 😀 This spicy baby potatoes are ready in under less then 15 minutes, if you already have boiled potatoes stocked before hand.
Spicy Baby Potatoes Recipe
Oh, I have to tell you, this spicy baby potatoes recipe serves the purpose of both, appetizer or starters as well as main course. You can serve this spicy baby potatoes with chapati, hot puris, parathas. Usually, I love to have hot dal rice topped with ghee and masala baby potatoes on the side, sheer bliss! what a perfect sunday meal, you have then 🙂 . Do add this recipe to your Indian weekly meal plan list also.
This Masala baby potato roast has always been my husband’s favourite, he like to gobble it as it is like a snack.
The freshly ground masala when combined with tempered curry leaves, mustard, cumin seeds, the flavour picked up the these baby beauties is utterly enticing.
And so, they are regular affair at our table. You have to try this out and I bet you will go crazy once you eat this. so without wasting time, let’s head on to see how to make this quick and super tasty spicy baby potatoes in minutes.
Masala baby potato roast recipe below:
The 15 minutes spicy baby potatoes is a simple and quick delicious boiled baby potatoes recipe tossed in chilli based masala along with tamarind pulp and freshly ground spices. This gluten free and vegan masala baby potato roast recipe, is exactly what you need to pamper yourself on lazy weekends.
To make masala baby potato roast:
- 18-20, baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 teaspoon,Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon,Cumin seeds
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon,Cumin seeds
- 4-5 Dried red chilies,whole
- 1 teaspoon,Urad dal
- ½ teaspoon, turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon,Red chili powder, (you can adjust according to your taste if needed)
- ½ teaspoon, Coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tablespoons,Tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons,Oil
- Coriander leaves for garnish
For baby potatoes masala powder:
- 1 teaspoon, Cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons, Coriander seeds
- 2-3 Whole red chilies
To make spicy baby potatoes Indian style:
- To begin with, dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and whole red chillies in a pan.
- Then, add the dry roasted spices and grind it to a powder
- Now, heat oil in a pan or kadhai, then, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, allow it to crackle.
- Once the seeds crackle, next, add urad dal, fry for few seconds until it turns golden
- Then, add curry leaves and whole red chilies, fry for few seconds
- Now, add boiled potatoes, sauté well for few seconds
- Then add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, sauté for another minute
- Once the spices are tossed well, then add tamarind pulp, sauté for few seconds
- Lastly, add ground masala and toss well
- Finally add coriander leaves and toss. Spicy baby potatoes are ready to serve.
Keywords: Spicy baby potatoes, baby potatoes recipe, Potato recipes