Sabudana Vada – is a crispy and delightful Maharashtrian sabudana vada recipe is made with sago, mashed potatoes, roasted peanuts and seasonings. It is also known as sago vada, sabudana tikki or sabudana cutlet. Serve it as an appetizer, evening snacks or for breakfast with hari chutney and chai.
- 1 ¼ cup, sabudana (sago pearls)
- ¾ cup Peanuts roasted and crushed coarsely.
- 3-4, green chilies, finely chopped or crushed
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled (mashed/grated)
- 1 teaspoon, ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons, coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, sugar
- 2 cups of water to soak sabudana
- Salt to taste (Sendha Namak during Vrats)
- Oil for frying
how to make sabudana vada recipe
- To begin with, clean and wash sabudana well. Then, add 2 cups of water and soak it 7-8 hours, preferably.
- Now, drain the water completely using colander or strainer
- Then, In a bowl, add the soaked sabudana, mashed potatoes, roasted peanuts, chopped green chillies , grated ginger, lemon juice, sugar, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix well until it looks like a dough.
- Then, take a spoonful of mixture in your palm and make patties dependng upon the size you prefer. If the mixture is sticky, grease your palms and then proceed. Repeat the same for all the mixture.
- To fry the sabudana vadas, heat oil in a heavy bottomed kadai or pan. When the oil is hot add the vadas and deep fry them.
- Once brown and crisp, take them out and drain onto absorbent towel/paper. Repeat the same for all. Serve crisp golden sabudana vada hot with hari chutney
- Be sure, to check if oil is hot enough to fry them, or sabudana vadas will break and scatter while frying
Keywords: Sabudana Vada