The most delicious, fragrant and the best Sweet Rose Lassi recipe is here for you! Your traditional Punjabi Lassi just got a beautiful pink hue and a flavorful twist with the addition of rose syrup, almonds and some dried rose petals. This fantastic rosy pink lassi makes a perfect refreshing drink to sip on a hot summer day!
Why You Will Love This Lassi
There is not only one, but many reasons to love this flavorful and cooling Rose Lassi drink. The rose flavor makes it even more beautiful, indulgent and soul mesmerizing. So, if you are bored of drinking your regular Lassi, this new rose flavored yogurt drink is sure to satiate your taste buds.
Lassi is everyone’s favorite, especially when it is served for breakfast or on a hot afternoon along with your meals or just to cool you down a bit in the evening.
This rosy pink beverage has yogurt as one of its main ingredients which helps cool down your body, keeps you super hydrated and also considered great for digestion. I am sure you will feel an instant relief after having just one sip.
This refreshing lassi with rose syrup is sweet and chilled, which will also satisfy your sweet tooth if you are craving something sweet after your everyday meals.
In Summers, if you do not want to eat heavy meal, you can simply treat yourself with a glass full of this pink lassi drink to fill you up. Also, as this rose and yogurt based beverage is healthy, you can drink a cup full in a day without feeling guilty.
Ingredients + Notes
Rose Lassi is prepared with just a few ingredients - almonds, rose syrup, edible rose, yogurt, milk, honey or sugar.
A few notes on ingredients:
- Taste the yogurt! It is important because if the yogurt is sour, it will ruin the taste of your Lassi. Use a fresh yogurt to prepare rose flavored lassi. Add in some milk to adjust the consistency and maintain the creaminess.
- Choosing a high quality rose syrup is important, as it really changes the taste and colour of the lassi. You can even opt for an organic rose syrup if you can get one.
- You can also add Rooh Afza to this lassi instead of rose syrup. Rooh Afza is a popular concentrated rose squash readily available in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- One of my secret ingredients for a delicious drink is almonds, which makes it makes more rich, nutty and nutritious.
- I prefer to add a bit of sugar here, but you can go for honey as a healthy alternative and add it according to your taste.
- Lastly, garnish it with almond slivers. Feel free to even add some more dry-fruits like pistachios, cashews and also add some roughly torn fresh rose petals on top to make it look even more appealing.
How to make Rose Lassi?
Place yogurt, milk, rose syrup, roughly chopped almonds, rose petals, sugar and ice cubes in a high-speed blender pitcher.
Blend everything until smooth and frothy.
Note : Check for consistency and taste and adjust them as per your liking if needed. If the lassi is too thick or less on sugar/ syrup, you can add a little more milk or sugar and blend again.
Pour the prepared lassi in serving glasses, garnish with slivered almonds and dried rose petals, served chilled.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for vegan version, try this Lassi with coconut yogurt and coconut milk instead of regular milk and yogurt. You can use any vegan yogurt, and milk of your choice.
Soaking is not required. Just add the almonds to heavy-duty blender along with the rest of the ingredients to make a smooth and creamy rose and almond lassi. If the blender is not high-powered, then grind the almonds to a powder first, add rest of ingredients to it and blend until smooth and frothy.
Serve this delicious sweet Rose Lassi on a hot afternoon to cool down yourself and keep you hydrated. Feel free to top this lassi with a scoop of rose or vanilla ice cream or even kulfi, to make it a little more indulgent and festive.
You can serve it as a snack in between the meals or whenever the hunger strikes. It is also a great beverage to serve for a filling and healthy breakfast.
You can also prefer to serve it with a special North Indian meals, like how we prepare either for our festive or weekend meals.
Preparing Rose Lassi is an easy and quick process, so I suggest you to make it fresh for best taste and flavor. You can also make it few hours ahead, chill it in the refrigerator and serve it to your guest on their arrival.
It will last in the fridge for about 3 days when stored in an airtight container or a mason jar, stir well before consuming it again. Feel free to freeze any leftover rose flavored lassi into popsicle molds for a delicious summer treat!
More Delicious Drinks For You
If you tried this yummy Rose Flavored Lassi Recipe, please let me know how they turned out for you. Comment and rate the recipe below, or tag me on Instagram!
Sweet Rose Lassi Recipe
- 2 cups Yogurt (chilled)
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk (chilled, you can use full fat milk)
- 5 tablespoons Rose Syrup (or Rooh Afza)
- 3 tablespoons Almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Rose Petals (dried or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (or Honey)
- Few Ice Cubes
- 1 tablespoon Slivered Almonds (for garnish)
- Dried Rose Petals (for garnish)
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender jar and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Check for consistency and taste and adjust them as per your liking if needed. If the lassi is too thick or less on sugar/rose syrup for your preference, you can add a little more milk or sugar/syrup and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the prepared lassi in serving glasses, garnish with slivered almonds and dried rose petals.
- Serve chilled.