Moong Dal Chilla – is a nutrition packed yummy savoury Indian pancakes or crepes made with split yellow lentils, spinach and spices. An ideal way to include the palak (spinach) along with lentils to kids or toddlers meal. A healthy wholesome meal for all ages.
to prepare moong dal chilla
- 250 grams, split husked moong dal (yellow moong dal)
- 1/2 cup, whisked yoghurt
- 3/4 cup, spinach, finely chopped
- 1 nos, medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup, coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon, ginger-green chili paste
- 3/4 teaspoon, cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon, turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon, red chili powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup, water (you may require few tablespoons more of water more to get thick cream consistency batter)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
how to make moong dal chilla recipe
- To start with, firstly, clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 4 to 5 hours.
- Then, drain the water completely and add the sokaed moong dal in a grinder. Grind it to fine paste, without using any water
- Once the moong dal paste is ready, add it to a large bowl. Then, add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Add little water and adjust the consistency to a creamy thick thats coats the back of the spoon.
- Once the batter is ready, heat flat bottom griddle and grease it with oil.
- Then, pour a ladle full or two of batter depending upon the size of the moong dal cheela you want to make. Let it cook well until the base gets light golden brown color and the top of cheela gets dried.
- Now, drizzle oil on the top, flip it and cook on another side until done. Serve them hot immediately with any chutney of your choice.
Keywords: Moong Dal Chilla, Moong Dal Chilla recipe