Jeera Rice is an extremely simple, easy and yummy Indian rice dish flavoured with cumin seeds. A secret that will give you perfectly cooked fluffy jeera rice every time you make it.
to prepare Jeera Rice
- 1 cup, long grain basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons, ghee or oil
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 drops of lemon juice
how to make jeera rice recipe
- Clean wash and soak the rice in enough water for 30-45 minutes
- Heat ghee or oil in a pot.
- Once the ghee heats up, add cumin seeds, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Fry them few seconds until aromatic
- Strain the rice and add it to the pan. Gently, mix the rice once.
- Add water, salt and few drops of lemon juice and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until all the water is absorbed.
- Switch off the heat and allow it to rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Fluff it with fork, Jeera rice is ready to serve.
- Dish out, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Soak the rice at least for 30 minutes before making the recipe
- You can add whole spices of your choice into it
- To make version vegan, swap ghee with oil and proceed
- Cooking time may vary for the larger quantity of rice
Keywords: Jeera Rice, Zeera Rice, Cumin Rice