Be it as a Chilli Paneer dry or as a gravy – it is one of the most popular Indo Chinese recipe of Indian cottage cheese tossed with chillies, peppers and sauces in restaurant style.
to fry paneer cubes
- 200 grams, paneer, cut in ¾ inch cubes
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon, soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
to make chilli Paneer (dry and gravy)
- 5-6, garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, red chilli paste
- 2 teaspoons, green chillies, finely sliced/slit
- 1/4 cup, capsicum, cubed
- 1/4 cup, bell peppers (red & yellow), optional
- 1 tablespoon, soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons, Spring onions greens + for garnish
- 1 teaspoon, sugar
- 2 teaspoons, corn flour mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon, rice vinegar or normal vinegar
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup, vegetable stock ( needed only if you are making gravy)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil + 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Sesame seed for garnish
how to make chilli paneer recipe (dry and gravy)
- In a bowl or plate, add ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste and mix. Then, add paneer cubes and gently coat them with mixture. Now, add cornflour and dry coat the paneer gently.
- In a pan or wok, heat enough oil. Carefully, slide-in the coated paneer cubes and fry for a minute only on high flame. Take them out and place them on to an absorbent paper, set it aside.
- In a pan or a wok, heat oil. Add garlic and, green chilies, sauté for few seconds until aromatic
- Add bell peppers and toss on high for another 30 seconds
- Then, add red chili paste and soy sauce, vinegar and toss well , season with salt and pepper.
- If you are making chilli paneer gravy recipe, then add vegetable stock and bring it to a boil for a minute.
- Add sugar and cornflour slurry, mix, cook for a minute or 2
- Then, Add paneer and toss. Add spring onions, sesame seeds, sesame oil and mix.
Keywords: Chilli Paneer Dry, Chilli Paneer Gravy Recipe, Chilli Paneer