Chicken Hakka Noodles – a flavourful dish of sizzling Hakka noodles tossed with shredded chicken, vegetables and spicy Chinese sauces in a street style, heavenly delight! An absolutely delicious, a favourite Indo Chinese noodles that is simple, easy and quick to make at home.
- 1 cup Chicken, boiled and shredded
- 150 grams Egg noodles
- ½ cup Cabbage shredded
- 1/3 cup Yellow and red pepper, julienned (optional)
- ¼ cup Green pepper (capsicum), julienned
- 1/3 cup Spring onion greens, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, sliced
- 2 Eggs lightly whisked
- ½ tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Green chilli sauce (you can increase or decrease it as per liking)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce (15 ml)
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
how to make chicken hakka noodles recipe
- Boil the noodles according to the instructions given in the packet.
- In a wok, heat oil, add garlic and chillies and fry for few seconds.
- Add onions and sauté on high for 30 seconds.
- Then, add, yellow and red pepper, capsicum and cabbage and sauté on high for another 30 seconds
- Now shove the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the lightly whisked eggs. Let the cook for a while and then scramble the eggs well.
- Then add the shredded chicken, green chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss once everything well
- Now add the boiled noodles and toss.
- Finally, add spring onion greens and sesame oil, toss once. Chicken hakka noodles is ready to be served
- Always boil Hakka noodles to al dente (which means, cooked but firm to bite) which will further prevent the noodles from getting sticky and mushy
- Preparations like chopping veggies, shredding chicken and boiling the noodles can be done before hand. Be sure to coat the boiled noodles with little oil before storing. They stay well for 3 days in clean tight container under refrigeration.
- Always toss and cook Hakka noodles on high heat
- Do not forget to finally finish the Hakka noodles with sesame oil to get authentic Chinese recipes flavour
- Adjust the sauces and spiciness of the chicken noodles as per your liking
- Serve chicken hakka noodles with hot sauces or.and with any Indo Chinese gravy of your liking
Keywords: Chinese noodles, Chicken Hakka Noodles, Chicken noodles, Non vegetarian